Do you find yourself preparing meals at home more often? If so, you’re probably looking for something different. Our Sensational Jerk Scallops with Curried Vegetables will ‘WOW’ your family! And don’t be intimidated, it’s really pretty easy and fool proof.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients and Directions
In a large stock pot:
Add 1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 t minced garlic
Sauté for 4 minutes in 2T olive oil, stirring often. Add the following:
64 ounces of water (if you’re not concerned with sodium levels, use vegetable or chicken broth). Reserve ¼ cup for dissolving corn starch
2 13.5 oz. cans coconut milk
Juice of one freshly cut lime
3 T of curry paste (NOT curry powder)
2-3 T of brown sugar
2 T fish sauce (omit if limiting sodium intake)
1 t of chili oil (if more heat is desired)
1 bell pepper, cubed (red, it looks better)
1 large zucchini squash, cubed
Last, add 2 t corn starch dissolved in ¼ cup of reserved water or broth, to thicken your curry.
Simmer the curry for 5-10 minutes on medium to just soften the pepper and squash.
Prepare in 4 large, individual serving bowls a mixture of additional vegetables:
Choose several of your favorite vegetables. I used left-over oven-roasted brussel sprouts, carrots, green beans and sweet potato.
- Pat dry with a paper towel 1.5 lbs of thawed, large scallops
- Coat scallops with 1.5 T of Sensational Seasonings Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- Using a non-stick pan or a well-seasoned iron skillet, heated to medium/high, add:
- 1.5 T olive oil
- 1.5 T unsalted butter
- Sauté scallops in oil for 2-4 minutes on each side until just browned
- Into your serving bowl containing the vegetables, ladle the curry sauce until almost covered
- Arrange a generous serving of sautéed scallops to each dish.
- Serve while piping hot and listen to them rave!
Sensational Seasonings is a gourmet seasonings company located in Johnson City, TN. Our healthy and delicious product line includes: Cajun Blackening Seasoning, Chicken Seasoning, Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, Italian Seasoning, Southwest Chile Lime and Pork Rub. Each of our seasoning blends are either salt-free or low-salt (meeting all guidelines of the FDA). Reducing the salt content in our seasonings allows you to get more flavor from all the herbs and spices we include, while allowing you take total control of your salt intake.